Trainer - Helen Hannam
A SEND review will evaluate the effectiveness of a provision for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities. This includes mainstream schools, alternative provisions and specialist settings.
The review process normally takes 2-3 days. This includes the preparatory work before going into the school, the time needed to collect evidence during the school visit, and the report writing and feedback that takes place after the review.
Our SEND review should is led by an experienced, Senior leader who has a proven track record of improving outcomes for pupils with SEND and who is NASEN trained.
A SEND review can support a school with:
• Raising attainment and improving progress
• Improving the quality of provision for pupils with SEND
• To support effective implementation of the SEND reforms
• Reviewing the quality of inclusive practice at a school
• Increasing attendance and reducing exclusions for pupils with SEND
• Gaining a better understanding of the well-being of pupils with additional needs
• Identifying SEND as an area for development through self-evaluation
• Wanting a fresh perspective on provision from an experienced system leader